Saturday, November 23, 2013

O Christmas Tree

This is my card for this week's Merry Monday #84 challenge - to use a tree and some bling.
I made a center-step card, my first one.  I have been wanting to try this technique for awhile. I inked the tree from SU Christmas Lodge in Old Olive ink and colored the tree trunk with a Choc. Chip marker before stamping it on MFT Smooth White CS.  I added some bling with rhinestones and a punched star from gold glitter paper.  Underneath the tree I added some molding paste and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter on it for some more texture and bling.  I sponged Bashful Blue ink around the tree, then matted it with MFT Electric Red CS.  The card base is MFT Smooth White.  The papers are from MME Lost and Found Christmas 6x6 pad.  The sentiment from Verve's O Christmas Tree is stamped in Choc. Chip ink on DSP and mounted with foam dimensionals.  Lastly, I added the two green enamel dots from MME Lost and Found Christmas collection.
 
I am linking to Festive Friday Challenge - Use a tree on your card.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty tree with the red and blue bling! I love how you've finished this tree off! Thanks, JoAnn for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am running out of adjectives to tell you how talented you are and how much I love your work....so stop already! Just kidding! Another beauty and it fits the Merry Monday Perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card for your first step card! I love the blue ornaments you used, too...a nice match to those pretty papers! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card JoAnn! And well done on your first step card - you've done a great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the step card! Love how this turned out. So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, JoAnn. The bling is perfect on that tree and the card design is cool...need to try that fold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hi...gosh; you always do such beautiful work. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi JoAnn. Your tree is gorgeous with all the bling from the rhinestones. Love the molding paste to add textured snow! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is lovely! The center step card is my very favorite fold. You did such a great job with it...I have a strong feeling that you will be making more with this fold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the bling on this classic tree! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.