Sunday, March 24, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown








For my card, I combined this week's Freshly Made Sketches #78 and Color Throwdown #234.
I used SU Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Garden Green, Real Red and Whisper White CS.  I made the flower following Selma's tutortial here. My flower looks like a full rose instead of the carnation.  I didn't have the Cheery Lynn Flower dies so I used the SB Rose Creations dies.  It only has 5 leaves so I cut several flowers and cut the leaves apart and used them as Selma did.  I used the 3 middle sizes for my flower made from Real Red CS. I added a MS pearl to the center, and cut the leaves from Garden Green CS also using SB Rose Creations dies.  The Garden Green border is cut with SU Adorning Accents Edgelits. The center white panel is embossed with SU Lacey Brocade EF.  The sentiment is from SU Itty Bitty Banners. I cut it out by hand and matted it on Basic Black CS, aslo cut by hand.  I finished the card with some Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon.  It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but I also added some scored lines to the top and bottom white CS.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. JoAnn, this is gorgeous!!! Stunning card! Love that big flower on here.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous flower, JoAnn and a striking colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That layered flower card is just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Your rose is beautiful, and I love the bow and texture. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so striking! That flower really is a wow! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH. SO. PRETTY!!!! That flower is GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the multilayered flower. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.